Are you interested in one of our rental properties? Here is what you need to know before renting
1. Make sure you qualify
- Pre-Tax income must be 3 times the rent. Ex. If the rent is $700 your monthly gross revenue needs to be at least $2100. We include government assistance like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps), WIC, Etc. **Child support is not to be included in total income**
- Credit scores under 600, if approved, require first month rent, last month rent, and a full month security deposit.
- Credit screenings with negative criteria such as past due utilities, car loans and other voluntary debt could be declined.
- No Landlord-Tenant Complaints (evictions) in the past 6 years. Unsure? search here https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJ.aspx
2. Schedule a showing
- Schedule online for best results - Click Here
- Or Call the Office between 8:30am-6pm M-F. 717-220-0201
3. Apply Online
- Apply online here - Click Here
- $25 per applicant. All occupants over the age of 18 must apply. This fee is non refundable
4. Get Approved and Pay a Deposit
- The property manager will contact you within 2-3 business days and let you know whether you are approved or not
- The property manager will email a digital lease that you can click and sign.
- Once signing the lease you have 48 hours to pay the security deposit or showings will resume and applications will continue to be accepted.
5. Other Information
- Pet Policies - Most of our rental properties are pet friendly.
- Pet Fees - We charge a $300 non-refundable pet fee at move-in and an additional $30 pet fee per month per pet.
- Restricted Breeds - Unfortunately most homeowner insurances policies prohibit certain breads. SHG does not allow the follow breeds in any rental:
- Pit Bull Terriers
- Staffordshire Terriers
- German Shepherds
- Presa Canarios
- Chows Chows
- Doberman Pinschers
- Cane Corsos
- Great Danes
- Alaskan Malamutes
- Siberian Huskies