A Brief History of Flory Mill
1760 – A mill has stood at this location since before the American Revolution.
William Penn's sons granted the original tract of land to Jacob and Magdalena Kaufman.
1800 – The Flory Mill, as it now exists, was built.
1885 - The Kaufmans sold the mill to John S. Gingrich.
1916 - The Conestoga Milling Co. buys the scenic commercial property to continue milling operations.
1924 – After the Depression, during which the Conestoga Milling Co. went bankrupt, the auctioneer’s hammer lands Jacob Flory a sweet deal.
1929 - An 1846 barn was brought to the site and reconstructed above the Little Conestoga Creek. The barn connected to the stone mill, providing storage for the milled products as well as serving as a loading station for the adjacent rail line. FloryMill was a busy place for the next half-century.
1929-1984 - The Florys milled grain until a major fire occurred in October of '84.
1985 - 2014 - The buildings have been utilized as a mixed use office/residential complex. Public access to the lovely trout-filled stream on the property still attracts anglers throughout the year.